Quepos Fishing Charters
Fishing in Quepos is incredible year-round! The Marina Pez Vela is located in the small town of Quepos, a 5 minute drive downhill from Manuel Antonio. Marina Pez Vela was opened in January 2014, is home to an incredible fishing charter dock, shops and some great restaurants.
Several of the fishing teams we have in this area have been fishing these waters for years, are local captains and tournament teams.
Top Reasons to fish in Quepos & Marina Pez Vela?
1. Close proximity to fishing grounds (21 miles)
2. Close proximity to river mouths for inshore fishing, especially roosterfish
3. Marina Pez Vela has great amenities such as sports bars, restaurants, and fishing apparel shops
4. Perfect for family fishing vacations, close to National Parks, tours, waterfalls, a variety of eco systems in Costa Rica
5. Whale watching is also great around Quepos & Dominical area
6. A variety of accommodations options to compliment your fishing packages, for all budgets
7. Close to Freshwater river fishing at Damas Island
Sportfishing in Marina Pez Vela
What fish I catch fishing Quepos & Marina Pez Vela?
This species is the most popular in Quepos, Costa Rica. Anglers from all over the world come down to this area looking for a Sailfish and they are never disappointed. Sailfish can be found during any month. However, their peak season is from December to April.
This species can be found in September through November. During the year, you may find Blue Marlin and Black Marlin but they tend to be further out than the Sailfish.
This species is found year around and can range from 15 pounds to 200 pounds.
They are known to give a great fight and are world famous for being a very tasty fish. They can be found on a regular basis year around. However, their peak season is in May.
Fishermen consider the Rooster fish to be one of the best catches there can be out at sea. Quepos, Costa Rica offers great inshore fishing where you can find Rooster fish on the mouths of the Costa Rican rivers.